Invitation / 29th Cultural Festival Alfonso Ortiz Tirado, Államos 2013
The Organizing Committee of Cultural Festival Alfonso Ortiz Tirado, extends an invitation to directors, creators, performers, artistic groups and companies, art instructors, educational institutions, producers and cultural promoters from Sonora, Mexico and the World, to submit their proposals to participate in the 29th edition of the Alfonso Ortiz Tirado Cultural Festival, Alamos 2013, following the guidelines and considerations below:
- The Cultural Festival Alfonso Ortiz Tirado is dedicated to Opera and Music in general, as a homage to Mexican tenor and philanthropist, Dr. Alfonso Ortiz Tirado, a native of Alamos, Sonora.
- The 29th edition of the Cultural Festival will be held during the fourth week in January 2013, from January 25st to February 2nd.
- Proposals for the different artistic disciplines are being accepted in accordance with the following description:
Opera singing: Opera and Choral performance.
Music: Chamber music, jazz, blues, bossa nova, trove, rock, salsa, folkloric music, son, merengue, danzon, etc.
Stage for Kids: acting and singing shows, clowns, etc.
Street performance: Related with music and singing proyects, also multidisciplinary projects.
Artistic workshops: related to music, and singing.
Projects by performers, bands or other groups who participated in the last edition of the Festival, held in January 2012, won’t be considered for acceptance. This rule does not apply to accompanying musicians or directors.
- Interested parties can download the technical data file available in Word format from the official webpage of the festival: www.festivalortiztirado.gob.mx, and from the Instituto Sonorense de Cultura page: www.isc.gob.mx, under the “Eventos Anuales” link, and send it to the Organizing Committee along with the proposal and the necessary attachments for its evaluation: curriculum or trajectory, high resolution photos (300 dpi), audio/video file of their artistic work, copies from magazine reviews, Program to perform or project for exhibition, excerpt from work or a synopsis of book or conference.
- In addition, technical, material and honorary requirements, as well as transportation, lodging and dietary needs must be specified, along with a stage plot for the performance. It must be noted that any proposal that does not include the above specifications will be disqualified from evaluation.
- All material have to be sent by Internet to the Organizing Committee to the next e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Organizing Committee will evaluate submissions using the following criteria: quality, viability, trajectory of the participant(s) and availability of forums according to the specified profile for each one.
- The Organizing Committee will accept submissions until May 31, 2012.
- For more information you can visit the webpage: www.festivalortiztirado.gob.mx, or write to the following email: email@example.com.
- Participants, who are selected to perform in the 29th Edition Festival 2013, will be informed by representatives of the Organizing Committee, by telephone and/or email from August 1st, 2012.
- Participants whose proposals are not selected will be informed by representatives of the Organizing Committee by email, on August 1st, 2012.
- Proposals submitted to the Organizing Committee will not be returned.
- The selection of the Organizing Committee will be overseen by a Consulting Council, comprised of noted personalities from the cultural scene.
- All decisions by the Organizing Committee will be final.
- Any matters unforeseen by the present invitation, will be resolved by the Organizing Committee of the 29th Cultural Festival Dr. Alfonso Ortiz Tirado, Alamos 2013.
Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico, March 2012